pages: 336 pages | Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional | May 2, 2005 | ISBN: 0131855867 | CHM | 5 Mb
Whether working as a laboratory scientist, a mechanical engineer, an attorney, or virtually any other profession, the need or desire to use HTML effectively arises often. The Web has become an essential publishing medium for knowledge workers of all stripes. Yet web design and development has become an extremely complex field, with many sub-fields. For the smart, educated reader who is not a web professional, trying to find clear resources on how to create well-authored pages quickly and easily is increasingly difficult. Spring Into HTML and CSS solves this problem by paring down HTML and CSS into a series of easy-to-understand single-page and facing-page tutorials, while simultaneously teaching contemporary best practices. The book is written in a conversational style. Code samples and screen shots are included in each tutorial, as well as "quantum leaps"--techniques that show the reader how to apply what they've just learned to solve more complex problems. Templates and sample files are also provided to help readers quickly understand more complex problems by working directly with samples.
The fastest route to true HTML/CSS mastery!
Need to build a web site? Or update one? Or just create some effective new web content? Maybe you just need to update your skills, do the job better.
Welcome. This book's for you. We'll leverage what you already know about the web, so you'll go further, faster than you ever expected. You'll master today's best practices: the real nuts and bolts, not theory or hooey. You'll learn through dozens of focused HTML, XHTML, and CSS examples: crafted for simplicity and easy to adapt for your own projects.
Need specific solutions? This book's modular, visual, high-efficiency format delivers them instantly. Molly E. Holzschlag draws on her unparalleled experience teaching Web design and development. No other HTML/CSS guide covers this much, this well, this quickly. Dig in, get started, get results!
* All you need to succeed with HTML, XHTML, and CSS in real-world projects
* Learn how to build web pages that'll work in any environment, on virtually any contemporary browser
* Construct templates that simplify every page you develop
* Structure and tag text so it's easy to work with and manage
* Add images, media, and scripts—quickly and reliably
* Discover the right ways to use HTML tables
* Build easy-to-use forms and validate your users' input
* Use CSS to take total control over your site's look and feel
* Master core CSS techniques: color, images, text styles, link effects, lists, navigation, and more
* Control margins, borders, padding, positioning, floats, even Z-index
* Design efficient, compatible, easy-to-manage CSS layouts
Includes concise XHTML and CSS annotated references: quick help for every language element
Spring Into... is a new series of fast-paced tutorials from Addison-Wesley. Each book in the series is designed to bring you up to speed quickly. Complex topics and technologies are reduced to their core components, and each component is treated with remarkable efficiency in one- or two-page spreads. Just the information you need to begin working...now! And because the books are example-rich and easy to navigate, you'll find that they make great on-the-job references after you've mastered the basics.