ContrastMaster is a plugin for effective contrast enhancement as well as creating dramatic contrast looks, photorealistic paintings and HDR-like effects. It can turn low-contrast photos into vivid and detailed images and transforms ordinary photos into interesting and dynamic shots.
ContrastMaster works with dozens of graphics applications including Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop Elements, Photo-Paint, IrfanView and PhotoImpact under Windows. For accelerated rendering it supports hyperthreading as well as multiple processors and cores. ContrastMaster works with 8bit and 16bit RGB images.
- ContrastMaster was localized to German language. You can switch between languages on the Prefs tab sheet. The manual is still only available in English language.
- The interactive English help texts were updated.
- The Speedup check box is now activated by default. Deactivating it may produce better results for some images, but it will also mean a much longer rendering time for print-size images after pressing OK.
- Bug Fix: The Stretch slider previously produced artifacts and even a crash at certain settings and with certain images. For underexposed 16 bit images it even produced a totally black result.
- Bug Fix: The Speedup check box produced a crash for small panoramic images.
- Bug Fix: The Equalize slider produced black areas for images larger than 8 Megapixel.
- Bug Fix: Sometimes low values of the Stretch slider produced a too dark result after pressing OK.
- Bug Fix: The hand icon and histogram now use the correct background color.
- The Plugin Installer was updated and supports four new compatible applications (PhotoFiltre Studio, Zoner PhotoStudio, PhotoPerfect and HeliconFilter). It now correctly installs plugins into the German version of Photoshop CS2 and CS3.