- Module Manager: Administrators can install modules, enable and disable them, define a default module and menu configuration for new courses. Developers can create integrated and third party feature modules for ATutor to extend its functionality. Types of Modules administrator, instructor, group, course, and public modules, as well as fully integrated feature extensions, or third party add-on software. New in 1.6.2! modules can be imported directly from a central module repository, and can now be automatically unistalled.
Administrator's Home Page: All administrator tools can be accessed quickly from a central Administrator Home Page.
- Patcher Module: New in 1.6.1! Administrators can install patches issued at update.atutor.ca to keep their ATutor system up-to-date, and secure. The Patcher can also be used to share custom features across multiple installation.
Administrator ATutor Handbook: Administrator documentation is linked from each section of the handbook to the screen ATutor it refers to. The Handbook can be translated, and mutliple translations managed for each ATutor installation.
Multiple Administrators: Create multiple administrator accounts assigning specific privilages to each.
- Pretty URLs: New in 1.6.1! Administrators can turn on Pretty URL to have URLs with variables attached, rewritten in a more readable form. When turned on, public courses in ATutor can be indexed by search engines.
- Master Student List: Require newly created student accounts to be authenticated against a custom imported student ID/PIN paired list.
- Themes Manager: Easily create a custom version of ATutor by modifying or creating a theme. Type in a URL to a theme to install it in ATutor (see Themes). Assign themes to categories of courses. Export a theme to share with others. Login to submit themes to atutor.ca to make them available to the ATutor Community. DIV-based themes are available for added accessibility. New in 1.6.2! theme designer documentation is available in the ATutor Handbook. New in 1.6.2! administrators can import community contributed themes directly from the theme respoitory on atutor.ca.
Automated Installer and Upgrade: A fast and easy way to install or upgrade ATutor! In most cases it only take a couple minutes, with little need for technical knowledge.
- General Statistics: View system usage statistics.
- Secure Course Content: Secure course content directory to prevent unauthorized access to course files.
- Instructor Request: Review requesting instructors' personal information, and assign instructor status so they may create courses. Administrators are informed by email when new requests are made.
- User Manager: Users on a system can be sorted, personal information can be viewed, and access privileges can be modified. Send announcements to all users on an ATutor system, or to students, or to instructors. Search through the users database using a variety of search strategies to find individual students, or a group of students. Users accounts can be batch managed to rapidly add, modify, or delete accounts. View courses in which individual students are enrolled.
- Enrollment Manager: Administrators have all the same tools for managing course enrolments as instructors do, with the ability to manage students in any course. Create an enrollment list online to add new students to a course. Automatically generate login names and passwords for students and send them by email when a student is enrolled in a course. Assign students as Alumni so they can participate in discussions for future course sessions. Filter by login, first or last name, or email address.
- Course Manager: Much like the User Manager, courses on a system can be sorted, their properties modified, and their instructors managed. Create new courses and assign an instructor. Use course backups to generate initial content for a new course. Create shared forums for select courses, or create a community forum for all courses. Easily jump between the administration section and courses without having to re-login each time.New in 1.6.1! Administrators can create an enrolment "trigger" link, that when followed, students are enrolled in specified courses automatically when they register.
Backup Manager: Generate backups of courses to create master copies. Download backups for safe keeping or to move courses to another ATutor server. Use backups to generate new courses.
- Cron Utility: Optionally schedule scripts to run at specific times. Use the Cron Uitlity to run the Mail Queue every few minutes. Write custom scripts to generate statistics, create a system backup, or to send system reminders, etc. using the cron utility to schedule when they run..
- Course Categories: The ATutor course browser includes a course category browser, so courses can be sorted into a custom defined set of categories, perhaps by department or topic or grade level, for example. Themes can be assigned to course categories so all courses within a category look the same.
- Language Manager: Import language packs directly into ATutor. Once imported, edit languages as needed. Create an ATutor Language Pack by exporting the language from your ATutor system. Make the language pack available to other, and submit it to the atutor.ca Translation Forum as an attachment, so others can use and continue to maintain the language. Easily search through the text of the language to quickly find and customize interface, feedback, and module language.New in 1.6! All languages are available in UTF-8, and courses can display multiple languages at the same time.
- Developer Documentation: Guidelines, instructions, recommendations for those who wish to develop ATutor core features, bundled with each ATutor distribution.
- Module Developer Documentation: Guidelines, instructions, recommendations for those who wish to develop ATutor Modules, bundled with each ATutor distribution.New in 1.6! Install the phpDocumentor module to generate API documentation. New in 1.6.2! modules can be exported from the module manager to be shared or redistributed to other ATutor systems.
- Theme Designer Documentation: New in 1.6.2! Guidelines for developing themes are included in the ATutor Handbook. Theme designers can export themes to share or redistribute.
- Hello World Template Module: A sample module that implements all potential module features, which can be used as a template for creating new ATutor modules.
- Patcher Module: New in 1.6.1! Developers can use the patcher module to create patches to fix bugs, or to add new features or feature adjustments to ATutor, that can be submitted and added to the ATutor public distribution.
- ATutor SVN Code Repository: Developers can checkout the live evolving ATutor source code from a public Subversion repository. With approval, developers can commit their features to the respository to be include in the ATutor distribution .
- ATutor Bug Reports: Developers can keep up on bug fixes using the ATutor Bug Tracker With approval, developers can report to, and provide comments on, bugs listed in the tracker.